Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Spreading a little SUNSHINE!

This is a "box of sunshine" I made and painted/papered with bright colors. I have been wanting to make a box that is passed on over and over again between friends, and saw a donut style box on pinterest by Jeannette Hicks filled with yellow items, and this box was created from that! The idea is to give this box of sunshine to someone that "lights up your life". I added a note inside to encourage the recipient to "pay it forward" and fill the box (once they enjoy the goodness given to them) with yellow items and a personal note. Then gift it to someone they feel adds sunshine to their life! I want the box to get passed on and on. I also added a note inside to encourage recipients to post a comment on this blog when they receive it OR post a pic on my INSTAGRAM @HStew67. My hope is that this box adds smiles to multiple peoples faces, and it's a gift that keeps on giving. If you are visiting here because you received it, tells us who sent it to you, and what they mean to you! I hope you continue to spread the sunshine!
For those of you that are looking for the recipe on how the box was made: Retired CTMH memory box Paint- Yellow/coral/tan acrylic paints from Michaels Paper- Superhero's paper pack by Recollections from Michaels CTMH Artbooking for sunrays on front of box- page 53 size 9", Sunshine tag on front pg 52 size 9" Stamp set for works on front of box- CTMH CC1025 You Are My Happy stamp set, D1283 (retired) "Sending You" stamps Misc- Red button (from an old suit I owned, I don't throw those things away! ha), sunglasses brad, retired CTMH sassy strands and yellow dots.

No comments:

Post a Comment